Home Health Orthopedic Model for Excellence (HHOME)
Improving Patient Outcomes One Joint Replacement at a Time
Joint Replacement Post-Op Care
Joint replacement surgery often results in a long and arduous recovery period – the thought of which may discourage some patients from having a recommended procedure.
But same-day joint replacements may offer a solution, allowing some patients to bypass traditional inpatient surgery for an outpatient procedure, which generally involves less pain and scarring, and a faster rehabilitation period than is typically seen with traditional surgery.
Eligible patients will be discharged the day of surgery, and the Advantage Home Health team will provide all necessary post-operative care, allowing patients to recover in the comfort of their own home.
So how can doctors and hospitals best determine which patients are a good fit for minimally invasive outpatient joint replacement procedures, while at the same time achieving significant, measurable rehabilitation results and improved patient outcomes?
Home Health Orthopedic Model for Excellence (HHOME) can help. HHOME is a revolutionary service that provides orthopedic consulting services for hospitals and health care providers treating post-acute-care patients in need of joint replacements.
The HHOME program is based on:
- Stratified Assessment for Excellence (SAFE) is Better. This process allows us to assess patient risk levels and care options for optimal effectiveness of same-day joint replacements.
- Care Path Methodology. An innovative proprietary approach utilizing team-based care pathways to ensure patients receive the appropriate post-op care. Our evidence-based practices provide maximum patient benefits at minimum cost.
- Analytics. Data surrounding same-day joint replacements are captured and analyzed to better predict patient outcomes and success rates, plus cost-per-patient savings.
HHOME consulting services take into account the full spectrum of orthopedic care – from pre-surgery through recovery. Two weeks prior to surgery, patients are assigned a Home Assessment Coordinator who will perform a home safety and fall prevention evaluation and education. Your surgeon and orthopedic home care therapists will also work together prior to surgery to develop your post-operative treatment plan.
The SAFE is Better phase of a patient’s care allows the entire team to have a structured process in place and mitigates any adverse events, such as complications, ER visits, and hospital readmissions. HHOME’s success rate is proven:
- 99% of HHOME patients do not return to the ER with complications
- 99% of HHOME patients do not go back to the hospital
- Orthopedic readmission rate of 1.53%
- Ranked top 10% nationally for overall patient satisfaction
We also were recently honored by HEALTHCAREfirst for HHCAHPS Honors, which is a prestigious annual review that recognizes home health agencies that provide quality care to patients. It recognizes the highest performing agencies by analyzing their performance of Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HHCAHPS) satisfaction measures.
For more information about the Home Health Orthopedic Model for Excellence (HHOME), call Advantage at (844) 275-2205 or use our convenient online information request form.